Can we have field of application as tag?

hi devels,
Is it possible to have keywords field of application as tags? For example, social science, qualitative science, meta-analysis.

If I’d like to find similar posts on say meta-analysis that would be helpful.

Hi @sariya. rOpenSci Community Manager here. I’ll talk with my colleagues about this and come back with an answer ~next week.

(Will also make sure you get an answer to your R version question)

hi stefanie - Sure no issues.
Any help on question for R version would be much much helpful.
Happy and safe long weekend~

Regarding whether we could

have keywords field of application as tags? For example, social science, qualitative science, meta-analysis.

Standardizing tags is really hard and I don’t think we’re going to try that right now.

In our Use Cases category where people post examples of how they use rOpenSci packages, we have them add “Field(s) of application” as free text in the post. Some include education, policy, social sciences, economics, hydrology. Maybe I can ask people to add those as tags. Would that help?

See for example the variety of use cases that come up when you search with “covid” in the forum. I think if we had applied “field of application” tags for finding related content, one might miss a lot of things.

1 Like

@stefanie

See for example the variety of use cases that come up when you search with “covid” in the forum. I think if we had applied “field of application” tags for finding related content, one might miss a lot of things.

I think I got your point.
If search can allow will larger net then tags would be of less relevance. :slight_smile:
Thanks much for your reply. ~

1 Like