Author: Scott Chamberlain
rgbif was seven years old yesterday!
What is rgbif?
rgbif gives you access to data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF) via their API.
A samping of use cases covered in
- Search for datasets
- Get metrics on usage of datasets
- Get metadata about organizations providing data to GBIF
- Search taxonomic names
- Get quick taxonomic name suggestions
- Search occurrences by taxonomic name/country/collector/etc.
- Download occurrences by taxonomic name/country/collector/etc.
- Fetch raster maps to quickly visualize large scale biodiversity
Read the full post: https://ropensci.org/technotes/2018/08/22/rgbif-seven-years/