Are there any packages specifically built around getting book metadata from ISBNs, and vice versa?
The short pitch is essentially: rcrossref but for ISBNs.
There are a number of interesting APIs and it would be nice to have an #rstats package that wraps across the different APIs out there.
Existing relevant APIs include but are not limited to… :
- Google Books API https://developers.google.com/books/docs/v1/using
- Internet Archive Open Library API https://openlibrary.org/dev/docs/api/books
- ISBNdb https://isbndb.com/apidocs
- Amazon API https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/latest/DG/EX_LookupbyISBN.html
- OCLC WorldCat APIs https://platform.worldcat.org/api-explorer/apis
The book metadata search experience is quite poor imo. I wonder if an rstats package could make it better?
Example query: return metadata, inc. ISBNs, for all MIT Press books published between 2010 and 2015.
Would this be something of wide interest?