Error using network_data() function for rtweet data

I’m trying to use the get_timeline() function for multiple users to build a network map. Previously, with an older version of rtweet (I think it must have been 1.0.0), after retrieving a few hundred tweets from each user’s timeline I was able to use the columns mentions_screen_name, retweet_screen_name, reply_to_screen_name and quoted_screen_name to create an edgelist that I could convert to a network graph using Igraph. It’s possible I’m doing something wrong, but now, with rtweet 1.0.2 the returned data structure appears to be different, and the code I was using before does not work.

When I use the function network_data() on a test set of retrieved tweets using the get_timeline() function I get the following error:

Error in vectbl_as_row_location():
! Must subset rows with a valid subscript vector.
:information_source: Logical subscripts must match the size of the indexed input.
:heavy_multiplication_x: Input has size 100 but subscript !k has size 200.
Run rlang::last_error() to see where the error occurred.

Any advise on what I may be doing wrong, or what I can do to get column data on mentions_screen_name, retweet_screen_name, reply_to_screen_name and quoted_screen_name in order to build a network graph, would be much appreciated!

Okay, after spending some more time on the problem I realized that network_data() can only receive inputs of data that are the same row length as when they were collected. So, for example, if we set n as 100 in

test <- get_timeline()
         user = c("handle1", "handle2"),
         n = 100

then network_data() has to look something like:

net_test <- network_data(test[1:100, ], 
                          e = c("mention", "retweet", "reply", "quote"))

That works because it takes the first 100 Twitter interactions as a chunk (though for now ignores the next 100).
Therefore, I believe a for loop that takes chunks of rows at a time would work to go through a large collection of tweets from multiple users.

(I’m realizing this might be a rather amateur problem, so I can delete this thread if it would be better. But, can also leave if this might be helpful for others trying to wrangle data for network analysis).