charlatan makes fake data.
Excited to annonunce a new package called charlatan. While perusing packages from other programming languages, I saw a neat Python library called
charlatan is inspired from and ports many things from Python's https://github.com/joke2k/faker library. In turn,
faker was inspired from PHP's faker, Perl's Faker, and Ruby's faker. It appears that the PHP library was the original - nice work PHP.
What could you do with this package? Here's some use cases:
- Students in a classroom setting learning any task that needs a dataset.
- People doing simulations/modeling that need some fake data
- Generate fake dataset of users for a database before actual users exist
- Complete missing spots in a dataset
- Generate fake data to replace sensitive real data with before public release
Read the rest at our blog: https://ropensci.org/blog/technotes/2017/06/22/charlatan