Cheatsheets Feedback

Great. Thank you very much stefanie!

The open source world is still fairly new to me (I got into Emacs 3 years ago and that lead to R, then Arch Linux, etc.) and the last rOpenSci Community Meetup was really extremely eye-opening and inspiring to me and played a key part in the development of my ideas for a project I am hoping to develop within the Research Commons in the coming months, developing resources to students for coding, but also for the promotion and education on open source, open code, and open research. I am extremely lucky to work in a Research Commons which is already really ahead of its time in the promotion of open data and open access. If they get interested in a proposal I am currently working on and give me a chance to develop a pilot of my project, then I will be super interested in talking to people at rOpenSci about it!

In a dream world, I would love to see a collaboration between the Research Commons and the open source community, with students needs bringing suggestions to rOpenSci about potential tools to develop or feed-back on those tools, and see the university provide funding to rOpenSci rather than pay licenses for proprietary software.

Now, we will see how much of my dreams and ideas turn out to be realistic (and whether I can convince the Research Commons to even give me a chance to try my project in the first place)… The coming few months will be decisive in all this.

In any event, I am very thankful to rOpenSci for already having inspired me and educated me on some open research questions :slight_smile:

2 Likes